Subsea Operations on the UKCS must comply with the relevant statutory UK Health and Safety legislation.
Failure to comply with the legislative requirements can have serious consequences for both organisations and individuals. Sanctions include fines, imprisonment and disqualification.
Relevant applicable UK Health and Safety legislation includes:
- The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992
- The Offshore Installations (Safety Case) Regulations 2005
- The Offshore Installations and Pipelines Works (Management and Administration) Regulations 1995
- The Offshore Installations (Prevention of Fire and Explosion, and Emergency Response) Regulations 1995
- The Diving at Work Regulations 1997